- Do you still take Breo Ellipta after you start feeling better?
- Yes. One of the ways Breo Ellipta works is as a preventative medicine – so it will only be effective for as long as you are using it. Unless you are told to stop using Breo Ellipta by your doctor, continue its use or your symptoms might return. Your doctor will change your medicines as needed.
- What time of the day should you take Breo Ellipta?
Because the ingredients in Breo Ellipta are effective for 24 hours, for it to work properly you only need to take it once a day, at the same time every day.
If you miss a dose, and it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and use your next dose when you are meant to. Otherwise, use it as soon as you remember, then go back to using it as you would normally
- Will you be able to still taste it or feel it in your mouth after inhalation?
You may not taste or feel the medicine, even when you are using the puffer correctly.
It’s important not to take another dose from the puffer if you think it hasn’t worked.
- Why does the dose counter start on 30?
- The dose counter starts on 30 because it’s measuring the number of doses left in the puffer. Each Breo Ellipta puffer contains 30 doses, which, because it’s used once each day, gives you a 30-day supply.
- What if you miss a dose?
- If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and use your next dose when you are meant to. Otherwise, use it as soon as you remember, then go back to using it as you would normally.
- Is Breo used for COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease?
Yes, once-daily Breo can be used by people with COPD, as well as asthma. COPD and asthma are different respiratory conditions. Speak to your doctor for more information.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Don’t use Breo if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients contained in in Breo. Like all medicines, Breo can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The most common side effects are headache and common cold. If you think you are having an allergic reaction to Breo, stop using this medicine and tell your doctor immediately.