Resources and References
Where can I find out more about asthma?
Where can I find out more about COPD?
Where can I find out more about Breo Ellipta®?
Additional information for patients
Download a printable copy of the Breo Ellipta patient booklet.
Download a guide on what to do if you are having an asthma attack.
Information for healthcare professionals:
- Breo Ellipta Data Sheet, GSK NZ Ltd. Available at www.medsafe.govt.nz
- Bleecker et al. Fluticasone furoate/vilanterol 100-25mcg compared with fluticasone furorate 100mcg in asthma: A randomised trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2014;2:553-61
- Bateman et al. Once-daily fluticasone furoate (FF)/vilanterol reduces risk of severe exacerbations in asthma versus FF alone. Thorax. 2014;69:312-9
- Slack RJ et al. In vitro pharmacological characterization of vilanterol, a novel long-acting β2-adrenoceptor agonist with 24-hour duration of action. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013 Jan;344(1):218-30.
- Woodcock A et al. Efficacy and safety of fluticasone furoate/vilanterol compared with fluticasone propionate/salmeterol combination in adult and adolescent patients with persistent asthma: a randomized trial. Chest. 2013;144:1222-9
- https://www.asthmafoundation.org.nz/your-health/living-with-asthma (accessed 11 July 2016).
- https://www.asthmafoundation.org.nz/your-health/living-with-asthma/information-for-family-and-carers (accessed 11 July 2016)
- https://www.asthmafoundation.org.nz/your-health/living-with-asthma/managing-your-asthma (accessed 11 July 2016)
- www.asthmacontrol.co.nz (Asthma Control Test)
- Rossios C et al. Long-acting fluticasone furoate has a superior pharmacological profile to fluticasone propionate in human respiratory cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011 Nov 16;670(1):244-51.
- Pharmaceutical Schedule, March 2016, PHARMAC.
- Dransfield MT et al. Efficacy and safety of once-daily fluticasone furoate/vilanterol (100/25 mcg) versus twice-daily fluticasone propionate/salmeterol (250/50 mcg) in COPD patients. Respir Med. 2014 Aug;108(8):1171-9. doi: 10.1016/j.rmed.2014.05.008.
- Holt S. Research Review 2007. Available at: http://www.researchreview.co.nz/getmedia/29bd797f-89bf-43fe-9b2a-9e3be71c8349/act_gsk_4.pdf.aspx?ext=.pdf (accessed 13 December 2015).
- Global Initiative for Asthma. GINA Report, Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention. 2009. Available at: http://ginasthma.org/gina-reports/.
- Shaw M, Mitchell R, Dorling D. Time for a smoke? One cigarette reduces your life by 11 minutes. BMJ: British Medical Journal. 2000;320(7226):53.
- http://www.bpac.org.nz/BPJ/2015/February/copd-part2.aspx (accessed 05 August 2016)
- http://www.copd.com/copd-management/copd-diet.html (accessed 05 August 2016)
- Breo Ellipta Consumer Medicine Information, GSK NZ Ltd. Availabile at www.medsafe.govt.nz